Traffic Watch with updates on all the road construction in Sarasota County – Sarasota Manatee MPO
US 41 Roundabouts at 10th Street and 14th Street, Sarasota: Construction project: Crews continue work within the right-of-way, medians and driveways.
- Brick pavers are expected to be installed at 10th and 14th Street.
- Sidewalks are expected to be installed at 10th and 14th Street. Expect concrete trucks entering and exiting the travel lanes.
- Roadway base work and asphalt paving is expected at the SW corner of 14th Street and SW corner of 10th Street. Expect vibration from rollers.
- Work is expected along US 41 from 11th Street to 14th Street for watermain tie ins. 11th Street and 12th Street will remain closed at US 41. There will be temporary disruption in service for the a few residents/businesses along 13th Street. The City of Sarasota will notify and coordinate shutdowns with the impacted residents as needed. Expect backup alarms, excavators, pumps while work is being performed.
- Paving is expected along US 41 from 10th Street to 14th Street. Be mindful of asphalt trucks entering and leaving the roadway. Expect vibration from rollers.
- Waterline and drainage work are expected at the boat ramp area, no disruption to boat ramp access is expected at this time.
- Light pole installation and sidewalk installation expected at 14th Street. Expect concrete trucks entering and exiting the construction zones.
- Traffic switch to Phase 2 is expected in 2 weeks. Both north bound and south bound lanes will be shifted to the west for the upcoming phase.
- New boat ramp driveway is open. Use caution as the wider driveway is intended for both entering and exiting traffic
- Pedestrian crossings on 14th Street/Imperial Drive at US 41 have been reconfigured around the work zone. Pedestrians are advised to use the designated sidewalks and cross walks.
- Pedestrian crosswalks and stop bar on the south bound lanes at 14th Street are marked. For the safety of pedestrians, motorists are urged to stop at the designated stop bar.
- Centennial Park Boat Ramp driveway on 10th Street will be closed. Motorists can access the boat ramp via the US 41 entrance. Northbound left turn lane from US 41 into the boat ramp is available.
- The traffic pattern will be limited to right turn in/out for 11th, 12th and 13th Street. Traveling southbound and northbound direction left turns are not permitted at 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th Streets. Motorists are advised to follow the posted signs.
Speed limit is reduced to 30 mph. Speeding fines are doubled in the construction area when workers are present.
Improvements being made as part of this project consist of reconstructing the signalized intersections and replacing them with roundabouts, enhancing connectivity, circulation and safety. US 41 will be widened between the two intersections and will include bike lanes as well as dedicated turn lanes, a 10-foot sidewalk along the west side, and a 6-foot sidewalk along the east side. Other improvements include raised islands for pedestrian refuge at the intersections of US 41 at 10th Street and 14th Street, pedestrian signals, LED street lights, landscaping, and City of Sarasota utility and underground drainage structure replacements. Expected completion is spring 2020. The contractor is IBT Construction LLC.
US 41 from Hospital Road to River Road: Maintenance permit project: Crews are constructing new turn-lanes, driveway connections, and working in the medians. Expect intermittent north and southbound daytime lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. through Friday, September 27. Use caution and expect possible delays.
US 41 from McIntosh Road to Beneva Road: Construction project: Crews are constructing sidewalk and bicycle lanes, improving drainage, reconstructing the US 41 southbound bridge over Catfish Creek south of Central Sarasota Parkway, installing highway lighting, upgrading signals, and installing new signing and pavement markings.
- Northbound nighttime/overnight lane closures may occur between 6 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Southbound nighttime/overnight lane closures may occur between 6:30 p.m. and 9:30 a.m.
- The speed limit is reduced to 45 mph within the construction zone.
Motorists should use caution and obey the posted speed limit. Expected completion is fall 2019. The contractor is Morrison-Cobalt JV.
US 41 from Tuscola Boulevard to Ortiz Boulevard: Construction project: Crews are constructing a multi-use path; installing bus pads and shelters; improving drainage; constructing/replacing sidewalk; installing guardrail and highway lighting, and installing new signing and pavement markings. Expect nighttime/overnight lane closures from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Daytime lane closures between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. are possible. Lane closures within 600 feet of signalized intersections are not permitted between 5:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. Florida Safety Contractors, Inc. is the contractor. Expected completion is late summer/early fall 2019.
US 41 (Venice Bypass) from Center Road from to Gulf Coast Boulevard: Construction project: Crews are widening US 41 from Center Road to Gulf Coast Boulevard to a six-lane highway; replacing traffic signals, installing new pavement markings and signage; installing concrete curb, sidewalks; improving new drainage, and installing new highway lighting. Use caution and watch for changes in the traffic pattern. Bergeron Land Development, Inc. is the contractor. Expected completion is spring 2021.
- Beginning Tuesday, May 28 at 7 a.m., Seaboard Avenue will be closed to thru traffic while workers complete drainage improvements. Motorists should use Spur Street as a detour route.
- Expect a new change in traffic pattern for northbound and southbound traffic on US 41 between Center Road and Gulf Coast Boulevard beginning Thursday, September 12.
- Expect northbound and southbound nighttime lane closures on US 41 between Center Road and Gulf Coast Boulevard from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. beginning Sunday, September 16 through Sunday, October 6.
SR 72 at various locations: Construction project: Crews are installing highway lighting and constructing sidewalk along SR 72 at Frontage Road; Gantt Road; Honore Avenue; McIntosh Road; Sawyer Road; Beneva Road; Lockwood Ridge Road; Swift Road, Gateway Avenue, and at the Sarasota Pavilion entrance. Expect nighttime/overnight lane closures from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. and daytime lane closures from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Expected completion is late summer/early fall 2019. The contractor is Florida Safety Contractors, Inc.
SR 72 (Clark Road) at Bee Ridge Road Extension/Lorraine Road: Maintenance permit project: Crews are constructing a right turn-lane. Expect intermittent lane closures and flagging operations from 9 p.m. each night to 5 a.m. each morning through Friday, September 27. Use caution and expect possible delays.
On any articles related to the City of Venice: When I write articles on this website (The Scoop), I am writing them as the Publisher, Editor and Reporter. I am not writing them as a candidate for the office of Mayor, City of Venice. I am putting the disclaimer, to avoid giving Earle from the Tribune and Greg with the Gondo any more fuel to write another negative piece on me. So, here is the disclaimer, even though I do not pay myself to write or post articles related to the City of Venice: Paid for by the FrankieAbbruzzino.com Mayor, City of Venice Campaign